Barringer, Herbert, Robert W. Gardner, and Michael J. Levin. Asians
and Pacific Islanders in the United States. New York: Russell Sage
Foundation for the National Committee for Research on the 1980 Census, 1993.
- Assembles and analyzed data from the 1980 and 1990 censuses.
- Japanese and Chinese in the United States, 1960. Prepared by the
Geography Division, Bureau of the Census, U.S. Department of Commerce.
Washington, D.C.: Govt. Print. Off., 1967.
- Population data from the 1960 census.
- Sung, Betty Lee. Chinese American Manpower and Employment: Report to
Manpower Administration, U.S. Department of Labor. Dist.: National
Technical Information Service, 1975. 365p.
- A study, primarily based on the 1970 census data, of the employment and
occupational situation of the Chinese in the United States. It consists of 14
chapters covering such topics as immigration, geographical dispersion,
education, occupation, working women, unions, income, unemployment and
underemployment, and work ethics. Each chapter ends with a summary of findings
and recommendations. For detailed statistical date, refer to Sung's
Statistical Profile of the Chinese in the U.S. 1970 Census listed
below. At the end is a bibliography of books and articles relating to the
Chinese in the United States.
- Sung, Betty Lee. A Survey of Chinese-American Manpower &
Employment. Westport, Conn.: Greenwood Publishing Group, 1976.
- Sung, Betty Lee. Statistical Profile of the Chinese in the United
States 1970 Census. Washington, D.C.: Manpower Administration, U.S.
Department of Labor, 1975. Unpaged.
- A supplement to Sung's Chinese American Manpower and Employment. It is a a
compilation of raw data on demographic, social, educational, employment,
economic, and housing characteristics of the Chinese in 50 states plus
District of Columbia and in 12 SMSAs.