The Charles B. Wang Campus of St. Dominic Roman Catholic Church was dedicated on September 19. In the dedication ceremony, Mr. Wang cut the ribbon. The campus is a 31.63 acre parcel of land located on the southern side of Route 25A in the Village of Muttontown. St. Dominic's had submitted an application to the Village of Muttontown's Planning Board for a partitioning of the property into two building lots, one consisting of approximately 16.43 acres (residential parcel), and the other approximately 31.63 acres (for playing fields). St. Dominic's purchased the land in October of 1998 with monies donated by a group of benefactors, one of whom was Charles B. Wang.
Charles B Wang was born in 1944 in Shanghai, China. When he was 8 years old, Wang's family moved to New York City. Graduating from Queens College with a B.S. in mathematics in 1967, Wang became a programming trainee at Columbia University's Riverside Research Institute. In 1976 he co-founded a computer software company, Computer Associates, Inc., serving as CEO until 2000, and chairman of the board until 2002. Within 20 years Computer Associates had become the third largest software company in the world, with assets of $25 billion in the late 1990s. Wang has become a philanthropist, donating money to the State University of New York at Stony Brook to establish an Asian American Cultural Center.